My first memory of Elvis was the song "Hound Dog" which I heard because of my older brother. I don't really remember my reaction, but I sure did sing it a lot. The first record I bought would be "Return to Sender". Most people remember Elvis on the Ed Sullivan show, but he was on the Milton Berle Show first and even the Steve Allen Show, when, for the first time Allen beat Sullivan in the ratings. So, even though, Sullivan had said Elvis was "unfit for family viewing", he booked him for three shows. Ironically, Sullivan was recuperating from a car accident for Elvis' first appearence on September 9, 1956. Which actor hosted that show?
By the way, I was at the concert in Madison Square Garden, which was made into a Live album. Also want to say that there is a page of Elvis trivia in my new book, "The $5,000 Trivia Treasure Hunt Book" which is in the works now and will be available soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment